Serving and strengthening the global community by building strong partnerships and helping improve quality of life for all. The Foundation focuses its resources on organizations and projects in the areas of education, environment, empowerment and economic development.
Through the Eastman Foundation, qualified non-profit charitable organizations can receive financial support that provides sustainable community improvement. The funding will be based on the Foundation’s focus areas: education, environment, empowerment and economic development.
Please keep in mind that any organization receiving funds must adhere to Eastman’s Code of Business Conduct.
- Contributions are generally restricted to organizations that have been granted 501(c)(3) tax exempt status.
- Contributions are usually directed toward the communities in which Eastman has operating units.
- Contributions should benefit substantial numbers of citizens.
- Contributions target public/private partnerships that will have lasting and positive impact, shared financial backing, and active volunteer support.
- Contributions are for one year unless otherwise specified, and recipients are responsible for requesting renewed support. Each request will be considered anew and compared against other requests received for that year.
- In select cases, Eastman will grant multi-year contributions for programs that address emerging community needs. Generally, these multi-year commitments are capital fund drives, which usually take place over three years. Support for such new organizations or initiatives will not extend beyond a five-year time period.
How to Apply
The Foundation only accepts contribution requests through our on line application process. A prescreening assessment is available to determine organization or program eligibility. After an application has been submitted and reviewed, a decision will be communicated by the end of the current year to each organization that has submitted a qualified application.
Note: If you are returning to complete or revise your application please click here.
Requests must be submitted online and received by July 31 to be considered for funding in the subsequent year. Decisions on funding will be communicated by the end of the year in which the application is made.
As a general rule, Eastman will not consider contributions to the following:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any status protected by applicable law
- Places of worship and institutions devoted solely to religious instruction*
- Individual agencies supported by the area United Way organization, except capital fund drives which are normally supported by the community, rather than directly by the United Way
- Individuals, athletic teams or sports-related events, bands, choirs, drill teams, fraternal, social or political organizations and travel-related expenses, including student trips or tours
*Programs operating under the tax exemption of a religious organization are eligible for consideration if they are open to the public and the program's purpose is unrelated to furthering a religious faith.
Download the Global Contributions policy and guidelines brochure here.